NewCold Wakefield is looking for an Engineer
This is NewCold
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies, by offering advanced logistic services worldwide. We use latest technology that empowers our people, to handle food responsibly and guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions.
NewCold is one of the fastest growing companies in cold chain logistics. We are expanding our teams to support this growth. More information on NewCold can be found on www.newcold.com and our social media.
About the Vacancy
We currently have a vacancy for an Engineer at our Wakefield site. Predominantly focused on internal operations, but with interaction with business development, finance and broader supply chain. The role is varied but some of the key tasks include:
- Develop and understanding of all equipment and contracts on site including cooling systems, oxygen reduction, dock doors etc.
- Ensure all equipment is used and maintained in line with suppliers guidelines. This will include conveyors, cranes, cooling systems and oxygen reduction
- Planned Preventative Maintenance’ and repairs a carried out in a timely and safe manner, minimising disruption to the operation.
- Working within budgeted guidelines, and achieving agreed KPIs
- Follow maintenance plan in the most efficient way to ensure minimal impact on the operation, but in a routine which achieves supplier guidelines as a minimum
- Arrange visits and services with suppliers at suitable times and in line with their guidelines to maintain any warrantees, as a minimum.
- Support the operators to ensure the smooth flow of logistics operations in the warehouse.
- Monitor, control and order spare parts in line with company policy and budgetary limitations.
- Complete agreed internal reporting and communication as required by Site Manager
- Monitor energy use and constantly search for ideas, that will reduce energy consumption
- You will need to be proactive and independent comfortable making decisions but equally aware of when to escalate or communicate with key stakeholders.
- We need you to be a time served experienced and skilled engineer holding a minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of proven and advanced technology and with the ability to apply that knowledge practically to ensure competitive and innovative advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to interface with key internal functions, key stakeholders, external regulators, auditors and outside vendors.
- Demonstrable organising, influencing and planning skills.
- Excellent IT skills
- A fulltime job
- The working hours are 4 on 4 off rotating days and nights
- A salary of £38,740
Why would you want to work for NewCold?
With the prospect of many new construction projects all over the world in the very near future, NewCold offers the opportunity to join a young but powerful company in the field of logistic services. We have the ambition and the potential to rapidly become the market leader in the field of modern and automated cold storage with additional supply chain services such as transport and distribution. Although our proposition comprises an attractive benefits and compensation package, the (international) scope and impact of the position may appeal to you even more.
Are you up for the job?
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Ms. Dawn Dudley, HR Manager UK ([email protected]).
Can we welcome you on board as our new Engineer and help continue our successful growth?