NewCold is looking for a Manager Business Development US.
NewCold is a fast growing service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. Our mission is to provide leading food companies with the most efficient logistic solutions possible.
We use latest technology that empowers our people, to handle food responsibly and guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions.
NewCold is one of the fastest growing companies in cold chain logistics. We are expanding our teams to support this growth.
More information on NewCold can be found on www.newcold.com and our social media.
Business Development is in the frontline of the NewCold business and the first point of contact for new customers for our services in new and existing locations.
The business development team enhances and manages this process with the objective to find frozen food producers and/or retail organizations for whom NewCold can deliver supply chain services based on a solid business case. There are currently 3 regions (USA, Australia and Europe) with each a Director BD.
The Manager BD supports the Director BD in realizing US business development objectives, related to:
- Attracting new customers for existing locations and services
- Attracting new customers for new locations and services
- Marketing, PR, lead generation, and industry events
Key responsibilities of the Manager BD include amongst others:
- Assesses opportunities: does the customer fit the NewCold business model?
- Manages the process of logistics data analysis of opportunity customers
- Prepares a business case for the new customer opportunities
- Prepares commercial proposals for new customers
- Supports the negotiation process of operational service agreements (OSA) with new customers, including legal issues
- Challenges, inspires and supports interactions with internal (operations, engineering, finance, legal, business development) and external stakeholders (suppliers, authorities, consultants) for a specific BD process.
- Support the Director BD in marketing, PR, lead generation and events.
- Enhances and maintains the business environment intelligence including customer data, competitor overviews, industry and macro economic information.
The job position will be based out of one of our current or future offices in Tacoma (WA), Burley (ID) or Denver (CO).
+/- 50% traveling for business development activities is expected.
We are looking for a professional with the following competences:
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
We believe that professional with a track record of 3-7 years in the following industries could have a good match:
- Food Logistics; Warehousing & Transport
- Food Industry: Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Supply Chain Consultancy (potentially)
We have seen professionals with studies have a good match with the job:
- Industrial engineering
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Business administration
We look forward to meeting you
We look forward to receiving your resume and application letter.
Jennifer Hatcher, Finance & HR Manager – NewCold US HQ (Tacoma, WA)
Jonas Swarttouw, Director Business Development USA