NewCold Tacoma (WA) USA is looking for a Senior Operations Manager
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies, by offering advanced logistic services worldwide.
We use latest technology that empowers our people, to handle food responsibly and guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions.
NewCold is one of the fastest growing companies in cold chain logistics. We are expanding our teams to support this growth.
More information on NewCold can be found on www.newcold.com and our social media.
Job Purpose / Job context
To effectively manage the warehouse team on site and provide a level of service in line with customer requirements, at a level of cost agreed in the budget. To create and develop a professional culture on site, in line with our values and ensure that a positive attitude to Health & Safety is embedded within the team on site.
Key Result Areas
Responsibilities and Accountability
• Contractual customer KPIs are met for service and quality
• Costs are controlled in line with budgeted expectations
• A NewCold culture is apparent on the site resulting in employee engagement
• A safe and healthy work environment is maintained
• All site KPIs are reported and achieved
• Implementing a cost conscious culture, but focused on achieving high levels of customer service
• Managing the team in line with company policy and ensuring agreed standards are met
• Working with customers and hauliers on improvement initiatives to reduce cost and/or improve service
• Monitoring and reacting to KPI results and working with the Site Manager to identify and share improvement ideas
• Creating a culture of a team focused on health, safety and quality in all aspects of warehouse activity
• Working within budgeted guidelines, and achieving agreed KPIs
• Complete local KPI templates and share information internally, engaging the local team to search for improvement opportunities
• Closely monitor and control all expenditure, but with a real focus on payroll costs. React quickly to adverse variances
• Communication structure on site to include daily team briefs and shift handover
• Regular and agreed meeting agenda with shifts and local management team
• Regular checks on cleanliness and housekeeping to ensure compliance.
• Communicate with relevant parties any deviation from process, quality issues, and service issues, or risk of failure in these areas
• Complete agreed internal reporting and communication as required by Site Manager
• Assisting the operation as required by the site, including:
• Support Business Development initiatives as and when required
• Share best practice and standards with colleagues in other Newcold sites, and join collaborative projects
• Continually look to opportunities for improvement
Quantitative information/ Scope of the job / Degree of supervision / Authorization levels
• Internal KPIs
• Customer Service Measures vs. Contract
• Operational KPI tracker
• Annual Performance Review
• The decision level of this function must be in line with the corporate governance and business unit agreements. This decision process at all times must be followed unless decided differently by board and shareholders.
• This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Requirements: education and experience
- High School Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study
- 10+ years of experience in operational leadership
- Job Type: Full-time
We look forward to receiving your resume and application letter. Please send them to Jennifer Hatcher, Finance & HR Manager of NewCold US HQ (Tacoma, WA) via [email protected] If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jennifer as well.