NewCold Corby is looking to recruit a Transport Operator
As the fastest growing specialist in automated cold storage with world-class and energy efficient
systems, NewCold are on a global mission to provide leading food companies with the most compelling
logistic cold chain experience possible.
Our facilities in Corby are due to open Q3 2022 and are truly impressive! Our teams work hard to
ensure food safety is our priority by resolving problems efficiently, collaborating effectively and
thinking outside the box to troubleshoot, while maintaining a safe working environment.
The role includes executing the plan in the most cost effective means possible and making live and
reactive decisions regarding driver’s workload when required. You will be responsible for keeping
the transport system accurate with any live changes and all communications are done in a timely
- Using information provided make live changes to the plan to ensure factory clearance / inbound
outbound work is covered
• Ensuring all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of
• Monitoring planned schedules ahead of time and escalating any issues if needed to ensure a
smoothly ran process
• Ensuring that details of vehicle accidents are escalated to line management
• Achieving weekly and monthly KPIs as set by the business and/or Customer Service Level
Agreements, escalating any issues impacting on these to line management and customers directly
• Using all IT-based systems in the effective delivery of their role including TMS & tracking
• Ensure any live changes are followed through for 100% system accuracy
- Understanding of working knowledge and driver hours regulation
• Strong geographical knowledge of the UK
• Confidence to work with various IT Systems
• Able to prioritise workload
• Effective decision making
• Ability to follow work instructions
• Troubleshoot and problem solve
• Be able to work effectively within a team as well as by yourself
• Have excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
• Transport operations (1 – 3 years’ experience preferred)
• Administration (1 – 3 years’ experience preferred)
Salary: £27,500 per year
Hours: 18:00pm – 06:00am 4 on, 4 off
Are you NewCold?
We’re looking for someone who shares our values of Accountability, Customer Focus, Innovate and
Improve, and Drive for Results. You have integrity, a deep respect for diverse perspectives and
care about the people you work with. You are team- oriented, innovative and a naturally engaging
person. Not only are you proud of the high performance and uncompromising quality of the work you do, but you strive to live the shared values of your organisation and are focused on helping the company deliver its ambitious goal to be the leader in their field.
If you wish to apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can we welcome you on board as our new Engineer and help continue our successful growth?