NewCold Tacoma (WA) is looking for a Yard Operator.
- Deparment: Planning & Warehouse Department
- Reports to Yard Operations Supervisor
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Team Members: System Operator, Planner, Shift Leader – Dispatch
Job Purpose | Job Context
Help ensure the smooth running of the facility, by managing the moving of trailers to and from the warehouse dock. To create and develop a professional culture on site, in line with our values and ensure that a positive attitude to Health & Safety is embedded within the team on site.
This will be done by:
- Managing the yard management system and supporting the operation.
- Support of the planning department when required
Key Result Areas | Business Objectives
• The logistics flow and automated process is controlled and executed according to plan.
• The scheduled jobs are completed on time and correctly
• Products are loaded, unloaded and stored in a timely manner in line with customer performance standards
• Equipment is maintained in good order
• Responsible for the proper, complete and safe execution of the logistics and other associated activities on the site.
• Ability to verify unit initials and numbers accurately
• Maintain a safe pace while spotting and pulling trailers/containers from dock doors.
• Maintain the integrity of trailers and loads by ensuring that cold chain temperature is adhered to.
• Ensure all loads are guarded and sealed.
• When carrying out transport and storage activities handle the requirements of the quality management system
• Control of product flow for the yard management system
• Implement remedial actions to maintain the flow of product
• Autonomous action to prevent accidents
• Implementation of non-technical maintenance
• Act in line with agreed procedures for ensuring quality of product is maintained at all times in line with customer requirements (temperature, damages etc)
• Assisting the operation as required by the site, including:
• Assist colleagues in carrying out tasks
• Helping maintain a clean and tidy work environment
• Continually look to opportunities for improvements
Quantitative information | Scope of the job | Degree of supervision | Authorization levels
• Daily Feedback from line manager
• Quarterly one to one meeting with line manager (documented)
• Annual Performance Review
• The decision level of this function must be in line with the corporate governance and business unit agreements. This decision process at all times must be followed unless decided differently by board and shareholders.
• This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Requirements: education and experience
- High School Degree
- Ability to use computer for yard tracking.
- 2+ years of work experience in related fields
- CDL and Commercial driving experience preferred
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter with your CV to our HR Manager, Wendy Kowalski at email@example.com.